Back to client case studies
We created a beautiful stand-alone blog to connect with readers based on their lifestyle, interests and life choices
In 2015–2016, Mentholatum South Africa needed a content hub to serve its content-driven digital marketing strategy for its newly launched all-natural product range, Natural Beauty.
- The entire strategy was digital, and thus it had to be a digital solution.
- It had to be unbranded, as if a lifestyle publication, connecting with consumers through content that speaks to their interest and not solely pushing product.
- It had to speak to the selling points of the product: natural ingredients, vegan-friendly, no animal testing, grey-water safe etc.
- Mentholatum had no database whatsoever.
LiveNatural, the blog with a cause, features two updates weekly and is all about the vegan, eco-friendly, animal-friendly, family-friendly and all-natural glowing skin vibe and lifestyle
View the blog
This format allows us to:
- Cost-effectively produce and distribute new content regularly.
- Come across as a consumer title, unbranded, except for carefully placed adverts, social media feeds and “sponsored” links inside articles.
- Produce a variety of content around the natural lifestyle, to speak to the consumer’s choices and interest and attract readers based on what they believe, rather than just pushing product.
- Begin building a new database for Mentholatum through subscription drives.
- Integrate with Natural Beauty’s social media.
- Provide a content hub, from where natural Beauty can pull content to populate their social media, for advertising use and even syndicate content with bloggers.
- Use different types of media: copy, image, video, infographics etc.
- Steady weekly readership growth
- A beautiful lifestyle blog with topics that are very popular on social media