Back to client case studies
The Arch Magazine
We created a luxury, glossy, full colour magazine to highlight the recently completed Melrose Arch’s retail offerings.
Melrose Arch, opened in March 2009, is a full business, entertainment, retail outlet and accommodation precinct, offering cosmopolitan high-end lifestyle – a unique concept in South Africa. The developers needed a communication medium highlighting the lifestyle and retail offerings to attract shoppers.
- The presence of other popular, high-end shopping malls in and around the area
- Had to be a self-liquidating medium
- Unknown concept
A merchant-related, glossy, high-end monthly magazine, The Arch, featuring high quality photographs, personality profiles, food and wine features, lifestyle articles and fashion trends, that was hand delivered to an identified high-income target market within a 5 km radius of Melrose Arch and made available free of charge to the tenants.
This format allowed us to:
- Produce double page spreads of photo-shoots, featuring products from the retail tenants.
- Focus on wellness and lifestyle articles relating to the type of stores and businesses operating in Melrose Arch.
- Highlight personalities involved in the development, architectural and interior design; anchor tenants; and those who bought residential units.
- Feature events taking place at the various entertainment and accommodation tenants.
- Publish food and wine articles, using the resident eateries and bars as inspiration.
- Sell advertising to the tenants and other advertisers.
- Station an advertising sales representative within the centre to maintain close contact with all merchants and to provide the editorial team with information for articles.
- The magazine was well received among readers who either lived or aspired to live the extraordinary lifestyle it depicted.
- The magazine was critically acclaimed and won several PICA Awards.